Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Eclectic Music Taste

     This afternoon I was in Target with my dad and I dragged him over to the music section where I spent nearly forty minutes showing him my favorite singers and explaining my favorite songs to him in detail. It was then that I truly realized my music is absolutely all over the place as I walked from section to section trying to find that one artist that was on my mind in that moment. My likes range from Hunter Hayes (who I'm currently listening to) to Kodaline and Taylor Swift to Michael Buble. A few more of my favorite artists and vocalists are Demi Lovato, John Mayer, Adele, Josh Groban, Ed Sheeran, and Rascal Flatts.
     With so many different styles and emotions that are put into various genres of music, there is always something for everyone and that is one of the things I love so much about it. Music is something that has got me through some tough times and I wouldn't change that for anything. No matter what anyone says, music will have had some affect on your life at least one point and time. Whether it be a score in a movie, a montage in a video, or just a song you hear on the radio, it will eventually provoke emotions you didn't even know you had.
     It's funny because music takes you through your whole life. A couple of years back I was obsessed with listening to The Jonas Brothers and though I still sing along when they come on my shuffle, they are no longer the most played artist on my iPod. Even though you and your music taste is constantly changing, music will forever be there to give you the option to let you change with it, and I find that an incredibly beautiful process of life in general.
     I find it a fantastic stress reliever, my personal study group, and a fellow fangirl, depending on what mood I'm in. Music will always be there for me when people aren't and for that, I am forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment