Monday, February 4, 2013

The Superbowl XXXXVII, a Recap

     What a game last night! You've got the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens battling it out for the biggest title in football, the bragging rights of winning the Superbowl! Personally, I wanted the Ravens to win, mostly because of where Tony DiNozzo used to work, (if you don't know what I'm referencing to, I suggest going to watch all 9 seasons of NCIS ASAP!) As well as it being Ray Lewis' last game ever, I would have been sad for him losing the very last game he'd ever play professionally.
     For the first half of the game, the Ravens were crushing the 49ers, it was 14-3 then rose to 21-3. At that point, I was very sure this game was over... Until the lights went off. That completely changed the game. It was as if the lights going off was some kind of strengthening and empowering moment for the 49ers. It was the strangest thing.
     Right off the bat we've got a touchdown, then another for the 49ers. Once I saw that, I wasn't so convinced my Ravens were going to get the title. But, in the final minutes of the game the Ravens stepped it up and won! My favorite celebratory moment they showed was a player doing confetti angels on the field, that really portrayed just how excited they were. That moment definitely brought a smile to my face.
     Now that you've got the big picture, let's go into what really won this game. First you've got the fake field goal attempt, the Ravens line up to go for the field goal, then much to my surprise (and to the 49ers surprise) go in and try for a touchdown. Unfortunately they end up just a yard short, but that was one heck of a try!
       When I'm sitting all high and mighty on our couch, just waiting to see how much further my Ravens can dig the 49ers into the ground, they give an amazing 4 minutes to their fans by scoring 17 points in that short period of time, that's got to be a record...right?
     You didn't think I'd forget the most amazing play of the night did you? You've got a kickoff runback touchdown, 109 yards in 11 seconds. Now THAT is a record! Amazing! This game was full of surprises, and what an end to Ray Lewis' career! It was definitely a game to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment