Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Lecture Topic

     If you are anything like me, you probably would have cringed when you saw the title of this post. You might have thought, "A lecture? No thank you, I had enough of those in school," but I promise you, this is not a lecture, just a topic I could happily talk on for hours on end. There are many things I'm passionate about in life. My faith, my friends, family, writing, TV shows, and just life in general. Even though most of you probably would have said one of those things would be my topic, you're wrong. Something I'm extremely passionate about is music. Music has the power to transform someone's whole day and put a smile on your face. Music is said to have the ability to make someone in a bad mood become happy and even study harder just from one song. It is also said if you listen to just fifteen minutes before you go to sleep you will go to sleep faster and wake up easier. Pretty cool, huh? It has such amazing affects and I love it for that.
     Whenever I'm in a bad mood or just want something to listen to, music is always there for me when people are not. All the different harmonies, tones, and voices of all the different possibilities of songs will make your head spin if you think about it all for too long. One of the huge reasons I love music is because it has such a calming quality and will also evoke so many emotions in a little amount of time. A lot of times you love a song because it reminds you of something or someone, and I believe that is a big part of the whole realm of the music industry. Music portrays a story in three to five minutes that can touch your heart, make you view life differently, and change your entire mood in the hopes of changing someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment