Saturday, August 10, 2013

Shipping TIVA

     After nearly two years, I have discovered NCIS, fell in love with it, made so many friends from it, and have caught up on all ten seasons, including memorizing nearly every episode! In that time, I've named favorite episodes, a favorite character, and also a favorite couple. Over the ten seasons, there have been couples that have come and gone, but in the last eight seasons, one has remained the same and that couple would be two of the main agents on Team Gibbs, Tony and Ziva. Tony DiNozzo and Ziva David have been the main reasons for complete heart failure for many fan-girls around the world and I am definitely not an exception. With episodes like "Under Covers," "Boxed In," "Cloak," "Truth or Consequences," "Housekeeping," "Jet Lag," "Shiva," and "Berlin" just to name a few, it is extremely hard to not ship this couple.
     NCIS was the first show I ever really got invested into, so starting off with this show has proven to be quite a challenge for my emotions, but it's one I am willing to take. Tony and Ziva, or Tiva, is one of those couples that everyone knows is a couple except for them. They are soulmates but don't realize it. They complete each other but don't know it. Some fans of the show don't appreciate their relationship because they insist it "ruins" the show but I would beg to differ. With a chemistry like Michael and Cote's, there is no possible way to not have Tiva. Even if it was written out of the show, their burning glances and faint touches would completely destroy anything the writers were trying to do to turn their relationship back to just playful banter. In my eyes, Tiva is the best and most well-written relationship I've ever seen and even though Cote is not coming back for the whole of season eleven, I'm sure she'll have guest spots to keep their relationship sparking so I look forward to seeing what they do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment